Ease restrictions on bank reinvestments: The limit on total bank reinvestment shall be based on “net value” not paid-in-capital.
Expand the business in the international market: According to the estimate, domestic bank merger and acquisition capability may increase overall by NT$500 billion.
Revised the caps for interest rate of cash card and credit card: From September 1, 2015 the interest rate of cash cards and revolving interest rate of credit cards shall not exceed 15% per annually.
Effectively reduce the interest burden of card holders: Benefiting more than 1 million people.
Ease restrictions on bank issue of bonds: The restrictions on bond provision of medium and long-term credit have been lifted and stipulation that the time limit for return of principle should not be less than two years has been deleted.
Develop the domestic bond market:
1. Increase bank bond issue flexibility, meeting institutional investor demand by the issuance of debentures of various terms.
2. The estimate of the issuance amount of debentures this year (2015) is NT$232.0 billion.
Increase international insurance businesses: Including the scope of international insurance business in international financial business.
Increase insurance industry business opportunities, enhance the industry’s competitiveness.
Allowing OIU to be established in the ROC: OIU can be established by foreign insurance companies in the ROC and are allowed to conduct policy holder and insurer related insurance business outside ROC territory.
1. Increase market scale, increase premium income: it is estimated that, in the first year, premium income will increase by around NT$5 billion and continue to increase year after year.
2. Nurture international talent, increase employment opportunities.
Promotion of an immediate correction mechanism: Introduces supervisory measures for RBC ratio grade of insurance companies. An insurance company with seriously inadequate RBC shall face supervision, takeover, closedown and liquidation or dissolution ordered by government.
In future, public money will no longer be used to deal with problem insurance companies”. When an insurance company’s RBC is seriously deficient (net value is still positive) it will be forcibly taken over in accordance with regulations.
Allowing banks to engage in concurrent insurance agent business and insurance broker business: In the past, when banks established insurance agent or broker companies customers often were confused about the relationship between the parent and subsidiary and were unclear as to who to complain to.
Expected benefits of liberalization: Banks can establish insurance departments, protecting the rights of consumers.
Improper sale of financial products: In serious cases the person in charge can be relieved of their position or business license revoked.
Encourage operators to be careful with regards the sale of financial products, protecting the rights of investors.
Increase of operator fine liability and adding of punitive damages claim right:
1. Fine of NTG$300,000-1,000,000 can now be imposed. In serious case the maximum fine limit will not apply.
2. Courts can impose punitive damages up to three times the damage caused.
Increasing the fines that can be imposed on operators and adding the punitive damages claim right, strengthening protection of financial consumers.
Strengthened management of the remuneration system and high risk products:
1. Financial services enterprises should set a sales personnel remuneration system and have it approved by the Board of Directors or the Executive Board of Directors.
2. The initial sale of complex, high risk products by financial services enterprises should be reported to and approved by the Board of Directors or the Executive Board of Directors.
Encourage management to attach importance to remuneration system and complex high risk products, avoiding a culture of inappropriate sales to protect the consumer.
A group ombudsman case mechanism has also been added: In cases of financial consumer disputes caused by single objective fact, a group ombudsman case can be initiated (more than 20 consumers authorize a designated juristic person to initiate an ombudsman case.)
Resolve financial consumer disputes with single objective fact in a unified way, helping disadvantaged financial consumers apply for an ombudsman case and saving ombudsman case resources.